4.17.2011

A resident visitor

It's interesting going back to a place that you used to live in as a visitor. (See what I had to say about it here.) In a way the nostalgia gets to you. Because you don't live there anymore. You ARE an outsider now.

Relaxing with some fish pedicures
On the other hand, it's really nice to be able to visit somewhere just to relax and see the people you came to see without worrying about running around to all the tourist attractions you have to see in the five days you're there.

A gorgeous day at Kew Gardens
There's always something new to discover, especially in a city like London, so my recent trip there was far from boring. I actually spent most of my days wandering around parts of the city I hadn't been to in the three months I lived there four years ago. It was great to be able to relax and wander around with my friends, and to see the things that someone just visiting probably wouldn't bother to see.

Strolling in the old 'hood
However, it is nice to visit your old hangouts and neighborhood. It's fun to see what's changed and comforting to note what hasn't (like my favorite sandwich shop with the best sandwiches ever right by Hyde Park). It's brings back good memories of good times once had.

All in all, a great trip to a place I love with wonderful people. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment